Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creative Craft Challenge - Recycle it !!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter - I'm enjoying the break from work and the gorgeous weather.   I'm off for a whole TWO weeks.  We were going to go away but Martyn was made redundant in March so that kind of changed our plans.  He has been lucky and has found a new job so I've now got two weeks to myself so I might fit a bit of crafting in!!

It's time for a new challenge over at Creative Craft Challenge and the theme is recycle.  For my card I have used the Hero Arts stamp "Bird in a Cage" which I haven't used in absolutely ages. 

The recycling part of my card is:
  • The brown backing paper is a used envelope (I knew I'd find a use for all those bills that arrive).
  • A couple of pages from an old book edged with chalk inks as a piece of backing paper and to make the flower (I did find it a bit sacrilegious to tear up a book, I consoled myself with the fact it was only a cheap one, and wasn't that good!!!).
  • The ribbon is one that I saved from a box of choccies.
  • The button is from an old shirt.
 

 

 
We are sponsered for this challenge by Crafty Ribbons and



 

Thanks for looking x

2 comments:

cheryl said...

just love love what you created for this weeks challenge hun love that image and the papers and layout just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

dragonllew said...

Lovely card your flower looks fab made from a book page