Saturday, May 21, 2016

Papermania Watercolour Rainbow Birthday Card

Good morning all.  Hope you are well this morning.

I have been playing with my watercolour paints again so I have a card to share today where I have attempted to make a rainbow effect background. 

I stamped the image Papermania Mini Stamp Fox with Archival ink and masked the image with Aquatint Liner.  When that was dry I brushed the watercolour paper with water and then added the different colours of watercolour paint in layers.  I spritzed the image with water to get the colours to blend and merge a little bit more.

When the watercolour was dry I removed the mask from the fox and coloured him with watercolour pencils and clear Wink of Stella.

The greeting is stamped with Archival Ink.  I managed to smudge some ink when I stamped the greeting  so I had to add the orange corner panel to hide my little mistake...



Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon.

xx

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fantastic background, super colours and that fox is really cute. As for the corner...it's meant to be there surely?!! xx