Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sizzix Gladys the Flamingo Home Décor Project

Good morning.  Hope you are well.  I have a home décor project to share today.  

Flamingos are one of my favourite birds so when I saw Gladys on the Tim Holtz Sizzix release I couldn't resist her.

I have previously created a flamingo home décor piece using the popular flamingo/pigeons quotation so I went for something different this time.


I created the quotation in Word and printed it using my laser printer.  I ink blended the paper using distress oxides Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina and sprayed this with water.  After this I sprayed it with Winterberry Distress Mica Stain.

Once I'd finished all the inking I used my Minc machine to foil the laser printed quote in gold. 

I stamped a couple of layers of the Altenew Leaf Medallion stamp set and embossed with distress embossing glazes in Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina

The flamingo is cut using the Sizzix Gladys Colorise Die Set.



Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog.

I'll see you soon

#staysafe





No comments: