Friday, April 17, 2009

First Digital Scrapbook Page & Retirement Card

I haven't done this for any particular challenge but I thought I would share it. I'm working on a scrapbook as a prezzie for a lady who is retiring from my Brownies and Guides after 30 ish years and for the cover sheet I thought I'd have a go at digi scrapping. Have used papers & embellishments from Shabby Princess. I didn't want too much going on because I wanted the poem to be the main feature and I don't think it turned out too bad ?!

My brownies wrote this poem last night and they will be reading it out at a surprise event that's planned for this Sunday. Aren't they clever, I don't know if it's my age (probably LOL) but I get a bit emotional every time I read it.....hopefully I'm not going to go to pieces when they say it on Sunday.

This is the retirement card that I have sent - as usual a last minute rush. Have used the penny black stamp Lazy days coloured with watercolour pencils and Sakura Stardust pens (have had this stamp for ages and this is the first time it's seen ink - outrageous tragedy) the sentiment is Elzybells and the papers are from the Papermania Pack - Sweet Nothings.

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

I love this card Bev, the colours are gorgeous. Someone is going to be very pleased to receive it.
Clare x

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to
say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I
hope you write again soon!

My homepage: click here