Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Creative craft challenge - Summertime

August is here and it's time for another challenge over at Creative Craft Challenges.  With all the sunshine and warm weather we're now having, it seems fitting that the challenge for this fortnight is Summertime.

I have two cards to share for this challenge, the first is using the digital image Ice Cream Tia by one of our sponsors Some Odd Girl.   The image has been coloured with copics and the DP is by DCWV.  I loved making this card, Ice Cream Tia and the sandcastle (which is a Meljen image) were great to colour and I had so much fun experimenting with different materials trying to get a textured effect for the sand.

I tried Flowersoft which was good but didn't give me the effect I was looking for.  Martyn suggested I try somewhere that sold model making supplies.  In Hobbycraft I found a bag of tiny gravel pieces made by Hornby that which was exactly what I was looking for (I presume model/train enthusiasts use it to build their tracks).  I tried lots of different adhesives but got the best result by using silicone glue to attach it to the card. 





This card is using an image by another of our sponsors, Alfie by Rainbow Studios. The image is coloured with copics ( I was trying to go for summertime colours) and the DP are from the Vicki B Collection paper pack by Bobunny.



We are sponsored for this challenge by:


and


Crafty Ribbons who are offering this great prize (I want this!!!!)


Thanks for looking x

1 comment:

cheryl said...

these are stunning cards hun the images,colors and layouts are just perfect hugs cherylxxx