Saturday, April 04, 2020

Crafty Calendar April Challenge 'Add a Butterfly' Card

Good afternoon, I hope you are keeping safe and well and at home during this time.  The world is a very strange place at the moment.  I'm still going out to work so I don't have too much lockdown time to have fill but I have managed to up-cycle a Ikea toolbox into a sewing box which has been a pending project for a while.

It's the first Saturday in the month and we have a new challenge over at Crafty Calendar and the theme this month is
'ADD A BUTTERFLY'

For my card I have quite a few butterflies.


I have used:
Butterfly Curl digi image from this months sponsor SheepSki Designs coloured with copics and polychromos pencils.



To try to get the butterfly colours as natural as possible I got my Collins 'How to Identify Butterflies'  book from the shelf and loosely based them on actual butterflies...Brimstone, Common Blue, Clouded Yellow, Small Copper and Large Blue, when I say loosely based I mean very loosely.

We are sponsored for this challenge by


Pop over to Crafty Calendar and share your butterfly projects and while you are there check out the gorgeous DT projects using other images from this months sponsor Sheepski Designs.

Oh and here's my up-cycled sewing box lockdown project...




An Ikea Lustigt toolbox, @hobbycraft white chalk paint, @vivadecor_creative_color napkin glue and topcoat and a pack of paper napkins from my local @Sainsbury.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog

Hugs
#staysafe
#stayhomesavelives

No comments: